Shopping In Leh Ladakh
Vacationing in Leh Ladakh promises a fulfilling shopping experience to its guests. Inspired by the rich culture and heritage of the region, there are many art pieces and souvenirs sold here. We advise, shop for speciality articles here which are worth a buy! Read on to find out the top five specialities to purchase in Leh Ladakh:
- Opulent Pashmina shawls: These are rich hand spun shawls made of the luxurious Pashmina wool. The wool is extracted from rare Pashmina goat found only in the Himalayas which makes it really special. What is interesting about these shawls is that they are very fine and thin in diameter but very warm at the same time.
- Handicraft items: Handicraft items representative of Buddhist culture are very popular in Leh Ladakh. These look splendid and have a symbolic importance attached. Colourful Buddhist masks, tastefully done Thangka paintings are hallmark handicrafts of this region and also the prayer wheels look exquisite.
- Handwoven carpets and rugs: Woven by the local craftspersons, the rugs and carpets sold in Leh Ladakh are one of their kinds. Coming in different designs, these carpets are made of thick wool and due to their recherché beauty they can be used as wall decorative too.
- Apricot and its jam: This dry fruit is a specialty of Leh Ladakh and you should not miss out putting this in the list of items to shop in here. Apricot is grown in plenty and that’s why you will also be able to find some locally made and very delicious apricot jam to take back home.
- Traditional Jewellery: The traditional jewellery of Leh Ladakh especially the silver pieces are what the ladies would love to have in their collection. The ‘sometimes large imposing pieces of art’ would just go along with any look you will don!