Tso moriri Monastery – Leh
Although it’s a small monastery, what attracts people here is the natural beauty it is surrounded with. With deadly combination of sky, earth and blue azure water; there is nothing compared to it. On reaching here one feels like as if they have reached the earths’ end! So, be here not only to look at the Buddhist history, but also the nature’s awe which is attached with it!
Locally known as Tukje Gompa, it’s one of the best places to see how people would have live in Nomadic era! Camping near the monastery is well – known but drinking water from lake is not good as it has lot of salt in its deep waters! Even trying to take a dip in it can cause irritation!
- Excellent place for photographers, especially professional nature photographers!
- Good place for relaxing with young children above 12 years of age who are ready to walk!
- Best known for Himalayan Jeep Safari which is also one of the HIGHEST PASSES IN THE WORLD! Maximum altitude here is of – Lachalanga – La (5065m.) and Khardung La (5580m).
- It’s a adventurous route as one passes through some of the highest places of Leh – Ladakh. The route includes passing through Rohtang – Baralacha - la, Namkila pass over Takh – Lachalanga – la, Polokonka and Chumangthang. It’s a 5 days path.
- Travellers advice: be healthy for this trip as its little strenuous. Going beyond tso – morari and via chumthang to leh is not allowed for both indians and forgien national by both sides of army. So, take a guided tour only.